Monday, March 29, 2010

I get food from that

From a letter written by Marlon Brando to Tennessee Williams in 1955:

"Dear Tenn:

I have read the play three times since yesterday and am going to read
it again. I think it is the best play that you have done so far. I
have been afraid for you sometimes, because success sings a deadly
lullaby to most people. Success is a real and subtle whore, who would
like nothing better than to catch you sleeping and bite your cock off.
You have been as brave as anybody I've known, and it is comforting to
think about it. You probably don't think of yourself as brave because
nobody who really has courage does, but I know you are and I get food
from that...."

Read the letter here:

<http://www.lettersofnote.com/2010/03/success-is-real-and-subtle-whore.html>

-